Have toys taken over your home? Here are my top tips for tackling toy clutter.
- Use bins and baskets as a way to corral toys while still have the space looking neat.
- Have shelves with bins and baskets at accessible to children so they can participate in the cleanup process.
- Sort and label baskets and bins so children get in the habit of putting things where they belong. If they are young, take pictures of the items that belong in a particular basket or label with an illustration.
- Create zones for each activity, such as an art table for crafts and and a dress up area for costumes.
- If you child is over the age of 4 involve them in the purging process and explain to them that the toys they no longer play with will be donated to kids that don’t have any toys.
- Remove any bulky, non-functional furniture from the room. Kids like to play on the floor.