April is Stress Awareness Month and one of the most common causes of stress is clutter. Clutter can stress us out for a variety of reasons including:
1. When walking into a room, it is easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the stuff.
2. If clutter has taken over your home, you will find it hard to complete everyday tasks.
3. Clutter keeps you from finding things when you need them.
4. You have the feeling that your work is never done.
Here are a few tips to help you take control of your clutter:
1. As stuff comes into your home, make an immediate decision as to where it should go.
2. Start in one room of your home and spend 15 minutes a day decluttering. Move onto the next room when you are done. You’ll want to enjoy the results, so declutter one room at a time.
3. Create a system that works for you. Don’t try to do what everyone else is doing if it doesn’t feel right.
4. Create a to-do list and prioritize items to ensure that the most pressing items get completed first.