Spring is the perfect time to organize your office and reassess your business. It’s time to declutter, think about your priorities, examine your goals and chart your progress. Here are five tips to get you moving in the right direction:
1) Did you set specific goals for your business in January? With first quarter behind us, it’s time to check in on the progress you’ve made.
2) Have piles of papers creeped up on your desk? Dedicate 30 minutes a day to finding a permanent home for all those papers, whether it be recycling, filing, etc.
3) When is the last time you not only backed up, but cleaned up your computer files? Is there stuff taking up space that you no longer need? Now is the time to do a clean sweep.
4) Start with a fresh to-do list. If it’s been on your list for over a month, it’s time to ask yourself how important it really is.
5) Don’t let distractions like junk e-mail or unnecessary meetings overwhelm your schedule. Set some ground rules for what is important for you and your business and stick to them.